Eating, traveling, and photography are some of the things I love. Follow along as I learn to cook, explore Austin, and practice with my camera. Hopefully there will be fun travels in between.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken Paillard with tomatoes, fennel, and olives

This recipe is from Eric Ripert's (of Le Bernardin, NYC fame) show, Avec Eric.  I really enjoy his show because he travels, especially to Tuscany (....jealous) to learn traditional dishes.  He then uses it as inspiration for a dish at Le Bernardin or brings it back to his home kitchen for recipes we can cook at home.  The great thing is, they're easy enough to make you think, "oh.  I can definitely make that!"

So here is my first dish from Avec Eric:  The Chicken Paillard with Tomatoes, Fennel, and Olives (Click Here for recipe).



I have to say, it was delicious.  I omitted the fennel and wine-soaked raisins because we're not fond of these two items, but I wonder if it would have balanced out the dish even more.  Next time, I would not salt the vegetable mixture - it came out a bit too salty between the salt from the olives and capers.

Since it's just the two of us, we stuck the chicken in the toaster oven at 450℉.  Saves on electricity and came out wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment